Friday, March 16, 2012

From the Vanity: Spring Nail Polish Picks


It's finally starting to feel like Spring outside, and since I just added a new 'Beauty' tab to my blog, I thought it'd be fun to let you know what I'll be wearing on my nails this Spring!  The polishes I've chosen are, as you can see, all from Essie, which is one of my favorite brands.  These polishes are available so many places, like Walmart and Target, for about $8.00.

The first three are going to be the more trendy polishes, while the last two are more just what I like to wear, but would still go well with some of this season's biggest colors, like the light blues, greens, and pinks, as well as the bright yellows, tangerines, and blues.

The first color I've chosen is Turquoise & Caicos, which Essie describes as a "Flirty and pretty tropical aqua".  It definitely reminds me of clean, ocean water and soft, white sand!  It gives your nails a fun sort of pop, especially when it's paired with lighter pastel colors.  It's definitely brighter than you think!

The second color is Aruba Blue, which is described as a "Frosty, sapphire blue", and looks like an ocean, with just a little bit of sparkle.  This is probably my favorite color of the season, and I've already made a cozy, off the shoulder sweater in this same color as part of my Sweater a Month series.  If I didn't currently have gel nails on, I'd be painting my nails this color right now!

The middle color also reminds me of the ocean, or perhaps like a mermaid's tail, as silly as that sounds.  It is called Trophy Wife, and is described as a "Perfect deep teal pearl".  It's a wonderful combination of both green and blue, and would be perfect for a day on the lake or at the pool.

The next color is Size Matters, which I would wear with lighter pastel colors, for that extra little pop of color, though if you like color blocking, this color would also go well with those yellows and tangerines I mentioned earlier.  It is described as a "Blazing Hot Ruby Red", and I absolutely love it!  Those deep reds and violets are just so pretty to me!

Finally, this last, grey color would go with just about anything, whether pastel or brightly colored, and is called Chinchilly.  This is a very special little polish to me, as I had a very similar color, Sew Psyched, and wasn't sure if I needed another greyish color.  However, Sew Psyched was a little more 'army green' than the soft, cashmere heather that I wanted, which was what Chinchilly was, though it is described as a "Sleek granite grey", which makes it sound much more cold than it is.

As I said, I think all five of these colors would go wonderfully with all of this season's most popular colors, and if you have these or similar colors in your collections, I encourage you to try them out this Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment